Skip to main content

Welcome to The Wellness Den: A New Chapter


Welcome to The Wellness Den: A New Chapter


Hi friend—Heather here. If you’ve been with me for a while, you’ve seen me talk a lot about curls and paws, Monat, and pet wellness. And while those things have been a part of my journey, something shifted this year… and honestly, it needed to.


After experiencing major hair loss—50% of my volume and density gone—and realizing the products I once trusted were part of the problem, I hit pause. I got honest. I started healing.


That healing turned into something more:

• A deeper connection to my own wellness

• A renewed focus on mental health + mindset

• A gentler, more supportive way to care for my body (and my hair)

• And of course, staying rooted in natural, high-quality care for pets, too


So, this blog is shifting too.

Welcome to The Wellness Den.

It’s a new kind of space—calm, real, and rooted in support. A place where I’ll be sharing everything from my hair recovery journey, fitness, and mental health practices, to the holistic pet care I love.


If you’re navigating your own transformation…

If you’ve ever felt burned out, overwhelmed, or lost in the wellness world…

If you just want to feel good again (and help your pets feel good too)…

You’re so welcome here.


Let’s grow, heal, and thrive—together.


— Heather

Waiting 4 Sunshine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday 9: Good Morning, Heartache

Trying another new thing called Saturday 9, it can be found here:  http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com 1) Do you come up with your brightest ideas early in the morning or late at night?   I would say that I am most creative later in the evenings 2) Are you more likely to feel romantic at night or in the morning?  Depends on the day :-), but usually at night 3) Do you shower in the morning, after work or before bed?   I shower in the mornings, it helps wake me up 4) Billie Holiday was just 44 when she died. Is there an artist whose early demise surprised and saddened you?   Not an artist but Heath Ledger's death really shocked me and took me by surprise.  He is one of my all time favorite actors. 5) Billie was known as "Lady Day." Do you have a cool nickname? (If not, feel free to give yourself one right now.)   No cool nicknames, as a kid I was "Woodie or Fruitcake".....don't ask LOL 6) When was the last time you had the blues?   ...

Who Are you?

Sunday stealing  Who Are you? Part 7 – It is Over!  Part 7: Self Image 84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you:   I wake up at 6:00am, take a shower, get ready for the day, then I go downstairs and feed the critters, and make breakfast for hubby and I.  We usually leave the house by about 7:30ish and I drop my husband off at work.  Then I work (I'm a Pet Groomer) until about 3:30 or 4:00ish then I leave for home and go get my hubby from work.  Then I come home and make dinner, feed the critters, work on cleaning the house a little and we usually head to bed about 8:30ish or 9:00. 85. What is your greatest strength as a person?   I am a very compassionate and have a big heart 86. What is your greatest weakness?   Interrupting people when they are talking 87. Are you going to run for President in 2016?   Nope, I don't care about politics all that much 88. Are you generally self-contained? No, I do like to talk, except t...

New Glowing Facial Routine

So one of the lovely side effects of being pregnant is major acne breakouts.....UGH!  So I did a lot of research and have started a new facial routine.  I have noticed a huge difference in my face so far, I've been doing this for about 2 weeks now.  I had really dry peeling skin on my forehead and nose and it's gone now.  I found all of these recipes on Pinterest/Google AM (Done in the following order) 1- Honey/Baking Soda Scrub 2-  ACV Toner/Astringent, let air dry for a minute or two 3- Acne Spot Treatment/Metronidazole Cream on trouble spots 4-  Grapeseed Oil Moisturizer PM: 1-  Oil/Witch Hazel Makeup remover 2-  Honey/Baking Soda Scrub 3-  ACV Toner/Astringent let air dry for a minute or two 4-  Acne Spot Treatment/Metronidazole Cream on Trouble Spots 5-  Oil of Olay Wrinkle Cream (I can't use oils at night because I wear a CPAP mask Recipes: 1-  Honey/Baking Soda Scrub 1 teaspoonish Hone...