Skip to main content

Rewriting the Narrative: Wellness on My Terms



If you had told me a year ago that I’d be where I am today—focused on healing, sharing my journey publicly, and building a wellness business from the heart—I wouldn’t have believed you.


But healing has a way of showing up in quiet, powerful moments. And for me, it started with one small shift: deciding I didn’t want to just survive anymore. I wanted to thrive—on my own terms.


🌿 What Wellness Looks Like for Me Now


Wellness used to feel out of reach. Like something reserved for people with more time, more energy, more…everything.


But I’ve learned it doesn’t have to be complicated.


Now, wellness for me means:

• A daily CBD routine that keeps my anxiety and overwhelm in check

• Moving my body with purpose—whether it’s an intense workout or a 10-minute stretch

• Nourishing meals that make me feel good inside and out

• A morning mindset practice, even if it’s just deep breaths before I open my phone

• Choosing grace over guilt when I miss a step


It’s not perfect. But it’s real. And it’s mine.


✨ Why I’m Sharing This


Because I know I’m not the only one who’s ever felt stuck, tired, and unsure of where to start.

Because I know there’s power in rewriting the story—especially when that story includes burnout, mental health struggles, and a journey back to self.


And because I believe that wellness isn’t a one-size-fits-all path. It’s a daily decision to show up for yourself, however you can.


💛 You Can Define Wellness, Too


Maybe your version of wellness is different—and that’s okay. There’s no “right” way to feel better. Whether it’s through CBD, clean eating, morning walks, journaling, or simply saying no more often… it’s all valid.


Start where you are. Use what you have. And know that you’re not alone.


You are allowed to grow slow.

You are allowed to change.

You are allowed to take up space in your own healing.


This is your journey—and I’m so glad we’re walking it together. 🌿

For more tips on hair recovery, holistic wellness, mental health, fitness, and pet care, explore more at Waiting 4 Sunshine. 🌿💛

I share real-life wins, wellness tools, and supportive resources to help you (and your pets!) feel your best—inside and out.

Let’s stay connected—come follow the journey on Instagram @waiting.4.sunshine and join a community where healing, hope, and heart are always welcome.With love,

Heather

Waiting 4 Sunshine


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday 9: Good Morning, Heartache

Trying another new thing called Saturday 9, it can be found here:  http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com 1) Do you come up with your brightest ideas early in the morning or late at night?   I would say that I am most creative later in the evenings 2) Are you more likely to feel romantic at night or in the morning?  Depends on the day :-), but usually at night 3) Do you shower in the morning, after work or before bed?   I shower in the mornings, it helps wake me up 4) Billie Holiday was just 44 when she died. Is there an artist whose early demise surprised and saddened you?   Not an artist but Heath Ledger's death really shocked me and took me by surprise.  He is one of my all time favorite actors. 5) Billie was known as "Lady Day." Do you have a cool nickname? (If not, feel free to give yourself one right now.)   No cool nicknames, as a kid I was "Woodie or Fruitcake".....don't ask LOL 6) When was the last time you had the blues?   ...

Who Are you?

Sunday stealing  Who Are you? Part 7 – It is Over!  Part 7: Self Image 84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you:   I wake up at 6:00am, take a shower, get ready for the day, then I go downstairs and feed the critters, and make breakfast for hubby and I.  We usually leave the house by about 7:30ish and I drop my husband off at work.  Then I work (I'm a Pet Groomer) until about 3:30 or 4:00ish then I leave for home and go get my hubby from work.  Then I come home and make dinner, feed the critters, work on cleaning the house a little and we usually head to bed about 8:30ish or 9:00. 85. What is your greatest strength as a person?   I am a very compassionate and have a big heart 86. What is your greatest weakness?   Interrupting people when they are talking 87. Are you going to run for President in 2016?   Nope, I don't care about politics all that much 88. Are you generally self-contained? No, I do like to talk, except t...

New Glowing Facial Routine

So one of the lovely side effects of being pregnant is major acne breakouts.....UGH!  So I did a lot of research and have started a new facial routine.  I have noticed a huge difference in my face so far, I've been doing this for about 2 weeks now.  I had really dry peeling skin on my forehead and nose and it's gone now.  I found all of these recipes on Pinterest/Google AM (Done in the following order) 1- Honey/Baking Soda Scrub 2-  ACV Toner/Astringent, let air dry for a minute or two 3- Acne Spot Treatment/Metronidazole Cream on trouble spots 4-  Grapeseed Oil Moisturizer PM: 1-  Oil/Witch Hazel Makeup remover 2-  Honey/Baking Soda Scrub 3-  ACV Toner/Astringent let air dry for a minute or two 4-  Acne Spot Treatment/Metronidazole Cream on Trouble Spots 5-  Oil of Olay Wrinkle Cream (I can't use oils at night because I wear a CPAP mask Recipes: 1-  Honey/Baking Soda Scrub 1 teaspoonish Hone...