Skip to main content

Tribute to my Shellie girl

I am sorry but this is a sad post today......my 4 year old Golden Retriever Shellie passed away last night, we think she had a stroke.  She was acting weird last night she was very confused and disoriented and foaming at the mouth.  She didn't eat her dinner right off hand, which is NOT like her, she usually has it gone in a second. So I was going to take her down to see Grandpa (AKA VET) today, but when I came downstairs she was dead in her crate.  I had sort of a love/hate relationship with her, she was a super hyper, energetic girl and could be obnoxious at times, she was sweetheart though she thrived on attention and loved getting loves and hugs.  I will miss you Shell Bells, Beaners, Beanie Baby,  Shellie Bellie, Bells.....those were some of my nicknames for my sweet girl.

Today has been a hard day, as could be expected. Work was slow, and I just wasn't in the mood to be there at all, just wanted to wallow in self pity I guess.  I cried a lot today.

On a positive note I refilled my Seroquel today....feels good to have my meds refilled on a regular basis :-)  Gives me a sense of accomplishment.  Rob and I are just snuggling on the couch watching old episodes of Roswell.

Comments

  1. Sooooo very sorry about your sweet dog. It is never easy.

    We have a Scottie who has many ailments and may have to be "put down".....

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday 9: Good Morning, Heartache

Trying another new thing called Saturday 9, it can be found here:  http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com 1) Do you come up with your brightest ideas early in the morning or late at night?   I would say that I am most creative later in the evenings 2) Are you more likely to feel romantic at night or in the morning?  Depends on the day :-), but usually at night 3) Do you shower in the morning, after work or before bed?   I shower in the mornings, it helps wake me up 4) Billie Holiday was just 44 when she died. Is there an artist whose early demise surprised and saddened you?   Not an artist but Heath Ledger's death really shocked me and took me by surprise.  He is one of my all time favorite actors. 5) Billie was known as "Lady Day." Do you have a cool nickname? (If not, feel free to give yourself one right now.)   No cool nicknames, as a kid I was "Woodie or Fruitcake".....don't ask LOL 6) When was the last time you had the blues?   ...

Who Are you?

Sunday stealing  Who Are you? Part 7 – It is Over!  Part 7: Self Image 84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you:   I wake up at 6:00am, take a shower, get ready for the day, then I go downstairs and feed the critters, and make breakfast for hubby and I.  We usually leave the house by about 7:30ish and I drop my husband off at work.  Then I work (I'm a Pet Groomer) until about 3:30 or 4:00ish then I leave for home and go get my hubby from work.  Then I come home and make dinner, feed the critters, work on cleaning the house a little and we usually head to bed about 8:30ish or 9:00. 85. What is your greatest strength as a person?   I am a very compassionate and have a big heart 86. What is your greatest weakness?   Interrupting people when they are talking 87. Are you going to run for President in 2016?   Nope, I don't care about politics all that much 88. Are you generally self-contained? No, I do like to talk, except t...

New Glowing Facial Routine

So one of the lovely side effects of being pregnant is major acne breakouts.....UGH!  So I did a lot of research and have started a new facial routine.  I have noticed a huge difference in my face so far, I've been doing this for about 2 weeks now.  I had really dry peeling skin on my forehead and nose and it's gone now.  I found all of these recipes on Pinterest/Google AM (Done in the following order) 1- Honey/Baking Soda Scrub 2-  ACV Toner/Astringent, let air dry for a minute or two 3- Acne Spot Treatment/Metronidazole Cream on trouble spots 4-  Grapeseed Oil Moisturizer PM: 1-  Oil/Witch Hazel Makeup remover 2-  Honey/Baking Soda Scrub 3-  ACV Toner/Astringent let air dry for a minute or two 4-  Acne Spot Treatment/Metronidazole Cream on Trouble Spots 5-  Oil of Olay Wrinkle Cream (I can't use oils at night because I wear a CPAP mask Recipes: 1-  Honey/Baking Soda Scrub 1 teaspoonish Hone...